As a Licensed Dietitian and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist with Healthy Lifestyles PLLC, I offer Psychotherapy and Nutrition therapy services in areas surrounding Allen, TX.
What is Nutrition Therapy:
Nutrition therapy sessions are offered in office or through online counseling. You and I will:
- identify emotions like anger, anxiety, boredom, and sadness that often accompany the binge and compulsive eating behaviors.
- reinforce the strategies you have learned in psychotherapy to manage these emotions so you don’t need to use the binge or compulsive eating behaviors.
- identify the emotional value that food and eating have held in your family, culture and other childhood experiences and use strategies to change this.
- create positive self talk to help you challenge the negative thoughts and emotions and develop more healthful, less emotionally driven behaviors around food and eating.
- develop a structured meal plan that complements your lifestyle and helps you to manage those cravings that seem at times to control you!!
- plan meals, visits to the grocery store or eat at a restaurant (if you need to) to challenge those emotions as they surface around food and binge and compulsive eating.
- ensure your body and brain is getting the nutrition it needs if anxiety and depression are affecting your appetite.
- NOT COUNT CALORIES!!!!!
If you are already with a psychotherapist, I would be happy to work with you as your nutrition therapist and coordinate treatment with him or her.