Hello and Welcome!
You’re here because you haven’t been able to figure out your struggle with food, weight, and binge eating on your own. Your guilt, shame, and negative self-talk have isolated you even from seeking professional help.
The reason for that is the root causes of your Binge Eating and Compulsive Eating are complex and require specialized treatment. Treatment that fad diets and commercial weight loss programs just don’t provide.
Each person has different reasons behind their eating behavior. They could be:
- poor blood sugar control
- hormonal imbalances due to aging and stress
- he or she just enjoys food as a source of comfort.
- poor gut health, difficulty digesting, absorbing and using nutrients from food
- anxiety, depression or problems with finances, academics, careers or relationships
Your weight IS a symptom of these underlying root issues. Guilt, shame, and isolation just make things worse.
That is why, as a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, I am choosing to work only with adults struggling to manage their binge and compulsive eating behavior. Your needs are unique and my work with you will directly target those unique needs.
You and I, together with other members of your treatment team, will develop your personalized plan using psychotherapy and nutrition therapy to target your root causes and stop the binge and compulsive eating behavior.
How? Together we will assess and decide:
- The goals you want to accomplish so that you can live a more meaningful life.
- If you need a physical with a doctor, testing and lab work to assess your gut health.
- If you need lifestyle changes in your eating, sleeping and physical activity.
- If you need to develop coping skills and more assertive, positive communication
- If you need skills to manage your self-esteem, self-worth, depression, and anxiety.
- If you need behavioral strategies to recover from binge eating and compulsive overeating.
- How you will target stressors like financial, medical, academic, career or relationship conflicts that are sabotaging progress.
- How you will build a support network around you.
Am I going to tell you that you’re going to lose weight- NO! You don’t need me to put you on yet another diet or weight loss program.
Again our goal will be to stop the binge eating by targeting the root causes. Your weight will change if the root causes change.
Please know that this work cannot be done while on a restrictive diet or a weight loss program. If you’re dieting – finish it first, then call me for a complimentary consultation so that we can get to work identifying those root causes and stop the binge eating behavior.